Another Little Progress Meter

This is an interesting progress meter, I think. I found it on the web here. What's cool about it is that there are no graphics at all. It is generated completely using HTML code, although JavaScript must be enabled for it to work. What you see below is the meter as it appears with the code generated at the web page where I found it.

66464 / 150000


With a little manipulation of the code, the height of the meter is easily changed:

66464 / 150000


A little more manipulation of the code, and the text can be made to conform to any blog's stylesheet, and it will give any blog a consistent appearance.

66464 / 150000


With yet a little more manipulation of the code, the colour-scheme of the progress meter can be made to match that of any blog:

66464 / 150000


If you like, you can also change the code to have the width of the meter fit your specifications:

66464 / 150000


Of course, I'm not averse to digging into code, so making changes of this sort aren't that difficult for me, whereas it might be for others. Despite the huge convenience of this particular progress meter, I'm quite fond of the one I created for this blog, so it will not change.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment