The Poe Institute of Research

Great Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan PoeUsing a technique outlined in Damon Knight's Creating Short Fiction, I've come upon an idea for a short story. Interestingly enough, part of my self-imposed "homework" for this story is to read several of the short stories penned by Edgar Allan Poe. Namely,

  1. The Black Cat
  2. The Oval Portrait
  3. Berenice
  4. The Masque of the Red Death
  5. The Tell-Tale Heart
  6. The Fall of the House of Usher

The Alan Parsons Project: Tales of Mystery and ImaginationFor atmosphere, and simply because I think it's luscious, I'm also going to immerse myself in the sounds and madness of The Alan Parsons Project's Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe.

When I come up with an idea at 3:28AM and it involves listening to music inspired by Poe and reading stories penned by Poe, you know it must be strange! Strange is good. I like strange. Strange is me!

2 comment(s):

monstro said...
November 06, 2009 2:39 PM

What a coincidence! I'm in the middle of a book that compiles short stories and other writings by Poe. :)

g d townshende said...
November 07, 2009 11:33 PM

Poe's great! :D

Post a Comment