The Alchemist

Well, it appears that Flash Fiction Online has rejected "The Alchemist." I received the email yesterday. It was a very brief email, too. To wit:

Thank you for your submission to Flash Fiction Online. Unfortunately, I'm going to pass on "The Alchemist."

We appreciate your interest in our magazine.

Regards,

Ah well. Today, I will be sending this out to the next market on the list I drew up for this story weeks ago. It's now been submitted to Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show. Per their web site, they can take upwards of three months to respond.

2 comment(s):

monstro said...
March 20, 2010 2:43 PM

Ah well. It's their loss. :/
Good that you have already submitted it to another magazine. Good luck! :D

g d townshende said...
March 20, 2010 9:16 PM

Rejections are going to happen. All I can do when I receive a rejection is to do what I did today. Take a deep breath. Relax. Remind myself that all they've rejected is my story, not me. And then send the story back over the transom.

Post a Comment