WIR #24: Titus Andronicus

TitusShakespeare, William. Titus Andronicus.



I finished Neil Gaiman's The Barbed Coil probably a week ago. Loved it. I think it's one of his best. I now want to set about the task of outlining it, as it's one of those six books I noted in my goals that I would outline this year.

I'm now reading Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus. It's not known to be one of his better plays, but I've always had something of a fondness for it (despite the fact that it's one of Shakespeare's most violent plays). Probably because my introduction to it was the movie Titus, starring Anthony Hopkins and Jessica Lange, and the imagery in the movie is, I think, just absolutely stunning. Titus is one of Shakespeare's early works, and also numbers among his tragedies.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment